Privacy / Data Protection Policy
This Policy outlines our practices with respect to information collected from people and organisations with whom we do business, who access our website, or otherwise share information with us.
How do we receive information about you?
We receive information from sources such as:
• When you provide us with your details in order to discuss or conduct business with us
• When you use or access our website in connection with your use of our services;
• From third-party providers, services and public registers
What information do we collect?
• Non-Personal Information, where we are not aware of the identity of an individual, for example, generalised information about businesses, markets, demographics, etc; aggregated usage and technical information gleaned from online activity, eg pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions; etc.
• Personal Information, which identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort, identify an individual. This might include personal information such as name, email or physical address; information from a device such as geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers; and other information which relates to activity through our website or in the course of discussing or conducting business with us.
How is the information used?
We may use the information for the following:
• Communicating with you – information relating to discussing or conducting business with you, notices regarding our services, etc
• To share information with our Associates and subcontractors in connection with our products and services to you.
• To market our services and products, and other services and products that we think may be of interest to you
• For the purposes of hosting and operating our website, and for performing research, technical diagnosis or analytics.
We may disclose information if we have good reason to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies.
Safeguarding your information
We take great care in protecting your information.
We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office), Certificate Number ZA780651
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information in our possession, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access to it.
However, if we become aware of unauthorised access, we will take all reasonable steps to alert parties whose data has been accessed, and to review our procedures and systems to determine actions necessary to avoid or prevent future occurrences.
You may request to:
• Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being held by us.
• Receive a copy of personal information that you have provided to us.
• Request rectification of any significant errors in your personal information that is in our control.
• Unsubscribe from our mailing list/database at any time.
• Request erasure of your personal information.
• Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact us. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing such information, to cover our administrative costs in doing so.
Staff training and awareness
We ensure that all staff working for us are fully instructed and aware of:
• The general principles and requirements relating to data privacy, and the particular requirements of GDPR
• The types of information that we will collect and hold in the course of conducting our business and in particular the difference between and the different requirements that apply to non-personal information and personal information.
• The specific systems and processes that we operate when we collect, manage, retain and delete data.
• Particular safeguards that need to be applied when sending data via physical or electronic means, and when storing or transporting such data.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, nor to individuals whom we do not employ or manage, including any of the third parties to which we may disclose information as set out in this Policy.
However, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that where we share information with Associates and subcontractors in connection with our products and services to you, those Associates and subcontractors have appropriate policies, systems and procedures in place which mirror the requirements and standards of our own Policy.
Updates or amendments to this Policy
• We reserve the right to periodically amend or revise this Policy. Material changes will be effective immediately upon the display of the revised Policy on our website.
• Your continued use of the website and/or conduct of business with us constitutes your acknowledgement and consent of such amendments to the Policy.